Mission and Objectives
Enhance rural development by helping rural people help themselves.
1. Strengthen the roles of the private sector, entrepreneurship, and local leadership in rural development.
2. Encourage cooperation among rural development providers.
3. Identify emerging rural policy needs and communicate/facilitate needed strategies for the future through outreach to rural communities.
4. Articulate and promote the important benefits of agriculture and rural life and an appreciation of their vital importance to the nation.
5. Utilize strategic alliances and partnerships in accomplishing our mission.